I wonder myself, why so many Growth Hackers ask especially for „Growth Hacks for b2b„? Is there really a difference? Between what – SaaS, B2C, B2B? Anyway – I try to grab this topic and want to give you a series of Growth Hacks and ideas how to grow your userbase within a b2b company. Ready to start? Cool.
Offer a Free-Trial / Freemium package
I know that most companies have problems to start a free offer, because they have fear to loose direct sales. „Why should we have a free offer or free-trial on our website, when there are customers who want to pay from the beginning on, today?“ Good question so far….
A good Growth Hacker would answer, „Do you know, how many users don´t register and leave your site, because the paid package(s) don´t fit their needs for whatever reason?“ I think a very good answer, or what do you think?
Never compete with Free
Anyway, there is a unwritten rule of the Product-Market Fit.
„Never compete with free.“
Means, when your competitors have a free offer or free-trial on their website it will be hard to compete, because users have nothing to loose when starting with a free package. With a good product value and a well-defined onboarding cycle you can get more registrations, and more paid users in the end. Not easy, but better than loosing users on the website because not having an easy-entry package like a free / free-trial.
Still waiting for the Free/Free-Trial Growth Hack?
You think, ok fine but where is the Growth Hack? No problem – two ideas:
- Please start your AB-testing engine (I would recommend something CMS-based like optimizely to have no programmatical efforts) and add a Free-Offer Button on your pricing-page. To make it easy, you should consider as Call-to-Action something like „You want to test our product? No problem just send an email.“ The AB-test counts the free-registration emails on the one hand and hopefully the conversions and revenues of the existing (not edited) paid packages.
- To have really no impact on the existing paid package conversions you could trigger an exit intend pop-up, before the user wants to leave your website. The pop-up content should be the same call-to-action „Stop, don´t leave, send us an email to get a free-trial.“
What do you think – can you convince your boss with this valid numbers of users who want to test your product instead of leaving your website and checking out the competitors´websites? Please let us know…
More Growth Hacks for B2B coming soon….
- How to Promote your B2B SaaS
- Gather email-subscribers with free content
- Build APIs for Growth Hacking
- Integrate Live-Chats
- Implement a „Tell a friend“ program
Featured picture by rawpixel